My team performance programs take an inside-out approach by coaching each member of the team, alongside coaching the interpersonal, team and stakeholder dynamics that influence performance.
I have extensive experience building high-performance teams. My approach begins with developing a team’s shared purpose and goals, identifying the team behaviours that will strengthen collective leadership and the points where the teams interact in performing shared tasks. I help a group understand when they are a team and when they are not a team. My process will enhance collective leadership through reflection, dialogue, practising skills and embedding the new behaviours that will increase the team’s effectiveness.
Successful teams need to feel safe to take interpersonal risks. I partner with the team leader to create the psychological safety to enable healthy team conflict, strengthen decision-making and commitment to collective results. My team coaching looks to transform destructive team dynamics into more productive and results-focused interpersonal relationships.
The most successful teams are those with a diversity in skills, thinking styles and experience relevant to the goals and purpose of the team. The challenge for many teams is harnessing individual differences by developing more inclusive work practices that make use of a team’s attributes. An inside-out approach helps teams better value, recognise and leverage their differences to elevate team performance.
Interpersonal effectiveness is crucial to the success of a team. The ability to give feedback or have difficult conversations enhances a team’s performance. I combine coaching, mentoring and training into a range of dynamic and high-impact team coaching modules with 12 sessions that establish new group behaviours.
If you’d like to learn more about my team performance programs, please don’t hesitate to get in touch for a no-obligation consultation.
Team Performance Benefits
In a complex, fast-paced knowledge economy, the ability to work effectively as a team is essential to business success. Team performance programs are designed to facilitate deliberate action and help the team maximise their collective potential and build the foundations for long-term success.
Benefits are an increased commitment to a shared purpose and goals, vulnerability-based trust, accountability to results, improved team morale, better leveraging of differences, and interpersonal effectiveness including decision-making and conflict resolution.
Team Performance Programs
Team programs combine coaching with mentoring and training. The coaching process includes collecting stakeholder feedback and team interviews to understand the barriers to effectiveness. We have a range of team development modules that can be combined into a bespoke program based on the needs of the client and organisational context.
- A series of team coaching modules that facilitate establishing a team purpose and goals, understanding individual differences, team formation and exploring the common dysfunctions of a team.
- The modules develop a team’s self-awareness, collective commitment, and the deliberate action to deliver results.
- Modules can be combined to create a bespoke program and address specific client requirements.
Team Interpersonal Skills
- A series of 8 modules targeting specific team interpersonal skills, such as giving feedback and navigating difficult conversations.
- The modules develop new group behaviours and strengthen the emotional intelligence competencies that improve leadership effectiveness.
- Each module is 90 minutes and combines theory and practice into an engaging session that facilitates deliberate action.